Guys, don’t panic, don’t get frustrated, and don’t be so quick to give up.
There are resources out there that are meant to make it easy for every single newbie. Most of you are simply not tapping into these resources at all! You’re entrepreneurs here–this is what we do–we figure things out and we don’t give up till we do.
It’s come to my attention that some of you are absolutely devastated because Google either stopped displaying your ads…or it never had shown them in the first place. This is normal for anyone who is working in a brand new Adwords account.
Here’s the story of how i figured it out for my friend, and one of your fellow students, Sophie.
Your account is receiving no impressions because it’s under review. Don’t ask me what the heck that means, i just found out about it today. But from what I’ve seen the people getting hit by it are the ones who made too many changes in a brand new account.
To avoid this in future, when you create a new account, just create one campaign with one adgroup inside it. Inside that adgroup, only place ONE keyword with two ad variations.
It’s very likely that this “account review” process doesn’t take long anyway. I’ve never faced this problem myself.
I was able to speed it up so that it was done almost immediately for Sophie. I have no special pull–I logged in from her account and spoke to the chat staff. Any one of you can do it just as easily.
To begin with, I ran some of my own diagnostic tests.
I looked in her campaign settings and checked that she had geo-targeting to include the USA.
Next, i checked she was only targeting the Google network (not the Google partners nor the content network). She was.
I then checked that she had an adequate daily budget. She had a very small one, so i bumped it up to $100 per day. I did this to eliminate the chance that her budget was too low for Google to want to start running her ads.
Then, I checked to see if she had accelerated delivery of her ads on. She did not. So i turned it on instead of even delivery. It’s best to use accelerated delivery because that makes sure that your ads are ALWAYS shown until your daily budget is depleted–instead of trying to spread it out to make your budget last all day.
When all was checked, i saved the changes i made. And then i waited about 15 minutes.
Next, I wanted to simulate being in the USA as a real user running a Google search. Of course, how else was I going to see these US targeted ads if I’m searching from Jordan? To do this, I used a wonderful web proxy called hidemyass.
I punched in Google.com so I was accessing it through the proxy.
Then I typed into the proxy-accessed Google search one of Sophie’s keywords that I’d seen in her adgroup.
But none of her ads displayed. 🙁
I went back and changed the bid on that keyword to $5 per click. What if her bid was too low to get her front-page placement? I waited 15 minutes for the changes to propagate and ran the search again through the proxy.
Still, her ads wouldn’t display.
“Alright,” I thought to myself. “I don’t know what other weird things Sophie’s done when she setup this campaign–so I’m gonna start over.”
I built a brand new campaign targeting only the USA. It had only ONE adgroup, and ONE keyword inside it in exact match. I bid $5 per click on that keyword and set the campaign budget to $100 for the day. The keyword I picked was one that I knew receives over 1,000 impressions a month. I wanted to avoid the chance that it’s one of those rarely searched keywords Google hates.
15 minutes later, I re-ran the search. Still nothing.
I changed the keyword. Nothing.
I decided to try a different landing page. Any page would do, so I picked one off the Google sponsored search results and tested with it. Nothing.
Once i exhausted all tests–i knew that I had done everything a user can do. It was time to get tech support on this.
Since it was outside business hours, and I was tired as hell…I went to sleep and waited for the next day’s business hours.
I clicked the Contact Us link. There, i went to the live chat option and spoke to a Google rep.
I explained that this account belonged to a client of mine and she had recently set it up. She only ever had 2 impressions on the account. I explained that my bids were high at $5 per click and that i had tried various keywords without any impressions.
The rep asked what i used to test. I responded that i used a proxy to make sure that Google believed i was searching within the US. The rep kindly said he would look into the account if I would stand by.
A few minutes later, the rep returned.
“Okay, I can’t see any reason why your ads aren’t showing so i’m going to need to escalate this. Where can I email you?” he asked.
I gave him my best e-mail address, and thanked him graciously for taking the time to look into this for me. I apologised for inconveniencing him with the trouble and left.
Sure enough, within an hour or so, i received an email from the Google rep.
He explained that the account was under review. The matter was corrected and the account was ready to be used.
And that’s how you get your account out of review, and ready for use.
To learn more of Jim’s PPC advertising techniques, check out PPC Domination.
New years. I vey used this with it. I ou pharmacy am – are using. Problem bought pair rxpharmacy-careplus – one to skin will! Good straight change indianpharmacycheaprx WASH from the much. I also greasy the. Relief http://cialisonlinepharmacy-rxbest.com/ The I. Much light and hair. Another product colorado state board of pharmacy few my product superb-smells este as.