Lately a lot of people have been asking me:
“jim why are you sooooo anti-systems all of a sudden?”
Besides the technical reasons i’ve already given about Traffic Engines slaughtering the affiliate marketing system business model – there are some far more important reasons.
In this article, i plan to show you why Marketing Systems strike at the HEART of entrepreneurship and destroy it.
By the end, if you find yourself still resisting, fighting to hang onto promoting a Marketing System, please do us a favour and don’t call yourself an entrepreneur again!
To me, “money systems” have always looked like a rotten deal.
All real entrepreneurs feel that way too.
Marketing Systems offer nothing more than a terrible job, with horrible pay – but they’re also expertly marketed as the best job in the world.
“huge” earning potential? it’s actually a big rip off.
Take a look at what i mean:
– In a job, you work for a single employer, The Company.
- The products or services sold are pre-determined by The Company.
- The sector of the market you’re in is pre-determined by The Company.
- And when you’re hired, you’re given a JOB DESCRIPTION and you go to work.
As an affiliate you work for a Marketing System instead of The Company.
- The products and services sold by The Marketing System are already pre-determined by the Marketing System.
- The sector of the market you cater to is pre-determined by The Marketing System.
- When you’re recruited, you’re given a “Quick Start” guide that shows you how to place your banners – and you go to work, promoting. (much like a Job Description).
But that’s not what a REAL entrepreneur does in business.
A real entrepreneur gets to decide what products, services, and sector of the market their business is in. Affiliates don’t get to do that.
What About Getting Paid?
– In a job, you are assigned your pay-grade, salary, or commission by The Company.
– In a marketing system, your affiliate commission is set by the System Owners and allocated to you without negotiation.
A real service business does not allow its client to dictate the value of services rendered without some kind of negotiation!
The only difference between affiliate and employee is that an employee can actually try to negotiate a better salary or more benefits. An affiliate can rarely negotiate anything.
Or How About Your Client”s” (ha ha)…
-In a job, you have one client: The Company.
– As an affiliate, you have one client: The Marketing System.
A real business tries to recruit as many clients as possible. Sure, it may begin by having only one client – But it certainly does not create its identity, reputation, content, website, sales material, and products around that single client.
Websites of System Affiliates do not recruit new promotion clients at all!
Oh wait…did you think your clients are “your” leads and customers? The ones you SHARE with The Marketing System?
No – those are THEIR clients.
Your client is The Marketing System.
You offer the service of promotion and they pay you a “fee” for that service. The leads and customers don’t pay you – the system does.
Should We Get Into “Work Expenses”?
– In a job, you pay for the expense of getting to and from work. However, also;
- The Company compensates for out-of-pocket expenses that benefit the company.
- The Company pays for you to be trained,
- The Company pays for you to attend events
- the Company pays for you to attend conferences
- Then, the company PAYS YOU in full for your work.
-As an affiliate, you PAY for everything:
- You PAY to join the system.
- You PAY to promote the system.
- And you PAY to be trained by The Marketing System.
- In the end, you are PAID ONLY IF you make a sale.
A real business, may pay for operating expenses out of pocket too – but then they SET THEIR PRICES in a way that recovers their costs.
They recruit only clients who are willing to pay a fair price that enables them to stay in business.
As an affiliate of a marketing system, you do not have this luxury – if it costs you 2 times the commission to generate a sale on Google, it’s your problem not theirs.
The Marketing System, your boss/client, determines your pay without negotiation, remember?
See what i mean?
True entrepreneurs pick up on all this pretty quick and that’s why we don’t use systems.
We Want to OWN the Business Damn it!
Hang on, what about the EARNING potential? Can’t get that at a job. You want to be like the guys in the system testimonials, don’t you?
Sure. If you want to be a star employee.
Which takes hard work and still benefits the Marketing System more than it does you.
Besides, most testimonial guys are lost when the system abandons them. Just ask the 100k/month earners of … sorry i can’t mention the system’s name here.. but they’ve all split and they’re bankrupt today. You know who i’m talking about.
The employee-minded, will find familiarity and comfort in the affiliate System Model.
They’ll stay in that zone, moving from “job” to “job” – looking for the perfect system that will pay them to be a lazy, useless employee.
If you’re find yourself resisting everything i’ve said here, fighting to hang on to your SYSTEM marketing – please,
Stop Insulting Entrepreneurship!
Go somewhere far away from us. If you quit your job, go beg for it back. You are not fit to call yourself Entrepreneur. I say this respectfully, of course: you make me sick.
Real Entrepreneurs see through all the fancy marketing, testimonials and exaggerations.
They realise quickly that the cost in money, time, and effort is better spent developing their own Company.
It’s easier and more profitable to own a real business. For the entrepreneur in you, do yourself a favour and enrol in the Internet Business Academy today.
We create entrepreneurs, not employees.
Here is the link to sign up:
Or Here is the link to go away 😛