A few months ago, I told you I would be shifting focus to build a local “dot com” venture in the local customer satisfaction management space. And that the DIY Super Traffic Machine would be my parting gift to my subscribers.
Fortunately for you (not so fortunately for me), my journey in the new venture has come to an abrupt end this week in a most heart-breaking betrayal.
I’ve come to beg your forgiveness and wonder if you’ll have me back?
Here’s what happened…
Right after I delivered a 60,000 line code project and secured a very big deal for my investors, it became apparent to me that I was being squeezed out. My intellectual property which was used to get both the investor funding and the customers was being taken from me and I had no right to any share in the business I was building.
As you can imagine, business cannot thrive when it begins with betrayal, so I submitted my resignation and left everything behind.
You see, a true entrepreneur is not driven by money.
It’s the sheer thrill and honour of solving challenging problems with his creative mind that drives him. And when someone forcefully takes ownership of your creativity it’s like they raped your mind.
I am heartbroken, devastated, angry…
To build this new venture, over the past 6 months, I had to more or less walk away from YaghiLabs—a business that has been kind to me that I’d spent the past 8 years building with my own bare, bloody hands. Fortunately, I had left pieces of this business in the capable hands of some trusted colleagues who have done a fine job of keeping things purring along.
But in this brief interlude, this experiment of a local venture, I was reminded of three very important lessons I’d like to pass on to you…
#1. Entrepreneurs get very comfortable living on the losing side of risk.
You’re driven by the CHANCE of winning, but you know that it’s a 1 in a million shot. Entrepreneurs welcome failure because they know each failure is practice. (ie, you lose the battle to get practice winning the war)
It’s like the Olympic contestant who puts it all on the line for one shot at glory. Nobody qualifies for the Olympics without years of practice at failing mostly…only winning once in a while. And after it’s all said and done, only one winner will get an Olympic Gold Medal.
#2. Entrepreneurs challenge the unknown.
Your average successful employee, educated, experienced, has gotten used to advancing because he always has the right, safe answers that please his bosses. He’s not paid to take risks.
But an entrepreneur spends his time challenging the unknown—which often means he’s actually giving the “wrong” answer, against the status quo, and experimenting to find a new “right” answer.
This is a popular example…Thomas Edison, not educated nor an academic was the laughing stock of the science community. He would attend their conferences and they thought he just wanted to belong …reality is, he attended to probe the scientists for specific answers he needed. He ran 10,000 experiments, all “wrong”, before he arrived at the right one.
Steve Jobs and Bill Gates were the laughing stock of the computer industry. Because they had a vision of bringing computers to the household. “What would a regular person need a computer for?” said the big execs. Now we know who was wrong.
#3. Entrepreneurs are singularly focused and stubborn as a mule.
The typical employee celebrates his ability to multi-task, to create multiple back-up plans and ensure there is never a chance to fail. He won’t even attempt something if he thinks he has the smallest chance of failure. And he backs off from any plan that appears to be failing.
Entrepreneurs think a multiple focus is an idiotic waste of time. They give 200% to just ONE impossible thing and let the world around them crash down if it must. That’s commitment. That’s drive.
Can you run two races at once and win both? An employee runs one race at 80% so he can spare the remaining 20% for another race. But an entrepreneur races every race at 200% even if he snaps his muscle and breaks his bones and never races again.
These lessons, I pass onto you.
In the hopes of empowering you to know deep inside that even if the whole world is telling you that you’re wrong…they don’t know what the eff they’re talking about.
There is no right answer for what you’re doing—you are the one who dares to look for and define a new “right way”. Hang in there. Hang on tight. Stay in the race, stay unshakable, you’ll ultimately win.
P.S. The DIY Super Traffic Machine is not a guaranteed right answer “formula” for building a successful online business. It is a methodology that allows you to be wrong and still end up with a working whole. A traffic machine of your own. A platform from which you can springboard success.
For more info, check out the link below
[interested_link form=”subscribe_form” document=”18045″]Learn UN-ORTHODOX Marketing & Traffic from Jim, the controversial Ex-Silicon Valley TRAFFIC GOBBLER – Free here …[/interested_link]