Ideal size for post images?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

One of the things I really like about the Google Friendly theme is how the featured images are displayed with each blog post.

But what size and dimensions should the images be?

I know the same image is used on the blog and also gets picked up by Facebook or G+ or other social media … which makes it even more confusing.

Can you give us a decent rule of thumb on choosing image size?

Thanks!!!

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

i would go with about 300 – 400 pixels width if you’re going to use the exact same image. but you can always use a different thumbnail image than the one inside the article. the thumbnail image is always scaled to be a decent width. but the one in the post, if it’s too wide, your text will wrap kind of silly around it so i like to keep it half the width of the main entry so that half is text and half is image at the top of the post.

~Jim

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Fill your credentials below to access your YaghiLabs Learning Center account...

Register with YaghiLabs and Get These Goodies, Free

Let us help you build a lucrative information selling or affiliate marketing business from home. We’ll send you...

Just fill the box to sign up:

“By clicking ‘Get Started I agree to receive daily emails from Jim Yaghi containing online marketing tips and advice. I accept these emails are written to help me sample and learn how YaghiLabs products & services can help me better advertise online. I also understand that I can unsubscribe at any time from the bottom of any email. I agree to this website’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.