funky theme – too big?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

On my PC the sites with the theme look too big with the main white space going across the width of the screen so the outside color can’t be seen on the top or on the side (apart from a bit in each corner). The browser view is at the standard 100% and is the same on the main Forefox, Chrome and IE browsers.

I took a screenshot and uploaded it here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lqqaqsbc81kvux2/gw-sshot-sm.jpg

I think this kinda looks funky and don’t want my sites to look like this to other people.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Dave.

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

hi Dave,

What is your screen resolution set to?

and how big is your screen?

i’m guessing it’s quite low. the cut-off point for turning into tablet mode i think is 660 pixels. you seem to be running just a bit bigger than that, perhaps 800 pixels?

let me know, and i’ll add another cut-off point around that screensize in case it’s a common one. i believe that 1024 is the most standard pixel width for computer displays so either way it shouldn’t look like that for most people.

~j

Hi Jim, Thanks I’ll check that – could be my screen res as I have now noticed the browsers on that pc are showing the pages bigger than on my lapotop at home. On the laptop the googly theme websites look fine 🙂

Cheers,

Dave.

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

It’s most definitely the screen resolution. I intentionally didn’t want to start a bunch of non-standard cut-off points because the possibilities become endless. so if your screen fits in the range 960 and up you get one version, between 600 and 960 you get another version, between 300 and 600 you get another. i think it was 3 cut off points for reorganising the information.

i don’t deny there are some “buggy” bits that could use some tweaking. but that’s why you guys’ feedback is so important, because it’s the first time this theme has been installed on so many websites and different kinds of setups. so you’re gonna help me weed out the issues so that new versions are better.

~j

Hey Jim my moniter is 20″ and the screen res was set to 1024 x 768.

I’ve now changed it to 1152 x 864 and it looks better.

Cheers,

Dave.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Fill your credentials below to access your YaghiLabs Learning Center account...

Register with YaghiLabs and Get These Goodies, Free

Let us help you build a lucrative information selling or affiliate marketing business from home. We’ll send you...

Just fill the box to sign up:

“By clicking ‘Get Started I agree to receive daily emails from Jim Yaghi containing online marketing tips and advice. I accept these emails are written to help me sample and learn how YaghiLabs products & services can help me better advertise online. I also understand that I can unsubscribe at any time from the bottom of any email. I agree to this website’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.