Tell me what else you’d like to see in GFT 2.0

Super Traffic Machine DIY Kit Forums Student Forum Feature Requests Tell me what else you’d like to see in GFT 2.0

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

Guys,

I’ll continue developing the Google Friendly Theme and updating it for you with new features. What i’d like to know is what YOU would like to see in version 2.0.

Go ahead and tell me anything you NEED to have, and if it’s feasible and makes sense, i’ll add it.

~jim

Roger Aburto
      Participant

Hapenned that I was accepted as a provider at http://www.helpouts.com  and I would like to have system to set appoitments especially for people that live far away from my clinic!

I am a Homeopatic Medicine practitioner! and lots of people would like to have someone that take their cases…and I can do that online with virtual consultations!

Roger Aburto 

Roger Aburto
      Participant

Hapenned that I was accepted as a provider at http://www.helpouts.com  and I would like to have system to set appoitments especially for people that live far away from my clinic!

I am a Homeopatic Medicine practitioner! and lots of people would like to have someone that take their cases…and I can do that online with virtual consultations!

Roger Aburto 

Hi I have a similar request in that the first site I want to use this on is for a holiday home rental so I am looking for a way to accept bookings (full days).

I think this will probably need some sort of plugin WPMUDev have one.

Wil this work with this template?

Cheers,

Paul

Also can you add more autoresponders to the list?

I use MailChimp as it is free for small numbers but I don’t mind changing if one of the existing offers low numbers.

I know fre is not always best but I don’t expect to have large numbers of signups at least not at first 🙂

Cheers,

Paul

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

Paul if you can send me your signup form code for MailChimp i will integrate it.

i’ve just made a mod for adding code to the site’s “global” header which was requested by John so it works with Google Tag Manager. But i haven’t pushed it to the public release yet. 

Regarding plugins:

ALL plugins should work just fine with this theme. You can use any you want. I just don’t recommend you add too many so your site doesn’t get bogged down and slow. But if you need certain functionality of a plugin, add it. no probs.

but PLEASE do not install caching plugins (WP Super Cache or JetPack) they will make your site a pain to modify. and they don’t offer you the kind of speed up most of you are looking for. to keep your site fast, just don’t install tons of plugins and you should be fine. and if two plugins do a lot of the same things, don’t have them both. choose one.

~jim

Hey Jim, 

I am trying to find where to download the theme, all together. Since I can’t find it and I would like to start experimenting with it. 

Where can I find the theme? Is it downloadable, somewhere here, and I simply overlooked it? I could swear I checked every single tab. 🙂

Hope you can help out! Then I can also give some feature suggestions. But I definitely second the “supporting more autoresponder” one. 

I am personally using Amazon SES and testing which script to use with it. So for the time being I could live with starting new at Mailchimp or Aweber. However, I’d appreciate it if it could be integrated with code for a script like ARP, Sendy or Interspire, to name a few.

Watched the first part of the presentation which is there. Really enjoyed it. Can’t wait for the rest! 🙂

Nick

Hi Jim,

I have the code for the most basic general signup form asking for just an email address. Is that right?

Do you want the code posted here or send it to your email?

Cheers,

Paul

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

you can send it here. that code is fine. but make sure it’s the long version, not the short javascript one-liner. can’t do much with that one.

~j

Hi Jim, as requested:

<!– Begin MailChimp Signup Form –><div id=”mc_embed_signup”><form action=”http://gasboilerparts.us2.list-manage1.com/subscribe/post?u=f0555a99229533a9a39e8388f&amp;id=121af8901d&#8221; method=”post” id=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” name=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” class=”validate” target=”_blank” novalidate> <div class=”mc-field-group”> <label for=”mce-EMAIL”>Email Address </label> <input type=”email” value=”” name=”EMAIL” class=”required email” id=”mce-EMAIL”></div> <div id=”mce-responses” class=”clear”> <div class=”response” id=”mce-error-response” style=”display:none”></div> <div class=”response” id=”mce-success-response” style=”display:none”></div> </div>    <!– real people should not fill this in and expect good things – do not remove this or risk form bot signups–>    <div style=”position: absolute; left: -5000px;”><input type=”text” name=”b_f0555a99229533a9a39e8388f_121af8901d” value=””></div> <div class=”clear”><input type=”submit” value=”Subscribe” name=”subscribe” id=”mc-embedded-subscribe” class=”button”></div></form></div>
      <!–End mc_embed_signup–>

Shout if this si not the right code.

Cheers,

Paul

edgaliula@gmail.com
      Participant

Hello Jim,

Any ideas, how I could transform GFT to sell multiple products? For exemple Kindlebooks.

Thank you.

Edward.

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

yah, you can sell as many products as you like with it. iin your products page, just insert multiple product tables for each produt you need to list.

~Jim

edgaliula@gmail.com
      Participant

Hello Jim,

Could you provide in the Toolbar menu:

1. Align text to bouth the left and right margin. This creates a clean look along the left and right side of the page.

2. Undo typing

Thanks

Edward

edgaliula@gmail.com
      Participant

Sorry Jim,

Forget about my proposition. I found them.

Edward.

Hi, how can I remove the shadow/border around images?

Jim Yaghi
      Keymaster

In style.css file when you go to Appearance=>Theme=>Editor you will find an entry for img with box-shadow.  remove the line that says box-shadow etc to the ;

~j

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Fill your credentials below to access your YaghiLabs Learning Center account...

Register with YaghiLabs and Get These Goodies, Free

Let us help you build a lucrative information selling or affiliate marketing business from home. We’ll send you...

Just fill the box to sign up:

“By clicking ‘Get Started I agree to receive daily emails from Jim Yaghi containing online marketing tips and advice. I accept these emails are written to help me sample and learn how YaghiLabs products & services can help me better advertise online. I also understand that I can unsubscribe at any time from the bottom of any email. I agree to this website’s Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.