Timothy Mason has a really interesting blog. I want you to go check it out now and come back. Yep. I’ll wait.
Hang on…so did I just say his website was called…
…”WORKING ON THE TOILET?! …WTF.
It’s a funny concept for a website.
He and I came up with it together on a Done-For-You Traffic consultation.
Afterwards, I said:
“Tim PLEASE PLEASE don’t screw this up. It’s a really good idea and I don’t want you to go turn it into some ugly Internet Marketing blog with unrelated content swiped from everywhere, reviews, testimonial videos about some system, and crap like that.
“Keep it on point,” I told him.
It’s true though. Internet Marketing blogs are usually just GARBAGE bags of sales pitches and collections of homeless, testicle-less, brain-less gooroos talking at you in video.
There is no consistent theme. There is no story.
No reason to draw you in.
But this…Tim’s blog the way it is today is an EXCELLENT example of the right way to start a blog.
Let me point out a few features I like:
1. The blog is built on Tumblr.com – everyone starting a blog and wanting readership should start at a community blogging platform. There’s people already there who like to read blogs and lots of interesting bloggers who might pay attention to your posts and may even reblog you to THEIR readers.
2. The design is simple (maybe even ugly?) – but the beauty of this is that Tim and I were able to avoid doing a bunch of setup and right on the phone call together we started writing his FIRST post ever.
3. There is a newsletter registration box on his blog – this is not easy to integrate in Tumblr but it’s crucial if you’re using your blog for marketing. My technical team helped him integrate his aweber form.
4. The blog’s tagline is essentially a “plot summary” like when they advertise a tv show. This way, if you’re a first time visitor you understand immediately what this blog is about and get sucked into the posts.
5. All the posts are RIGHT ON THEME – there is not a single post that doesn’t expand on the plot of his tag line. So his blog is a chronicle and you can’t help but want to see what happens next.
That’s all I can think of for now.
Although Tim’s blog is really new, it’s showing great promise. I really hope it turns into something incredible.
But just in case, Tim’s taking no chances –
He also has the YaghiLabs crew building a PPC traffic campaign to help him expand his readership beyond Tumblr.
Pretty soon he’ll have a sexy landing page, a clean site design, all the traffic he’d ever dreamed of, and an awesome way to keep his visitors engaged so they’ll keep reading and buying.
If you like what we did and what we’re still doing for Tim, then why not get your own Done-For-You Traffic Consultation too?
Use the link above to start.
And may the next time we speak be on a Consultation call haha