There are 3 ways to become an affiliate with Google:
Google AdSense is a program run by Google Inc. which enables publishers in the Google Network of content sites to automatically serve text, image, video, and rich media ads that are targeted to site content and audience. These advertisements are administered, sorted, and maintained by Google, and they can generate revenue on either a per-click or per-impression basis.
Google AdWords is a service that lets you create and run ads for your business.
You set your own budget to run your ads on Google. You pay when people click your ads. AdWords ads are displayed along with Google search results using one of your keywords. Ads appear under ‘Sponsored links’ in the side column of a search page, and may also appear in additional positions above the free search results.
You can also choose to display your ads on Display Network sites in the Google Network. And, you can choose the exact Display Network placements where you’d like your ad to appear, or you can let contextual targeting match your keywords to content.
Google Affiliate Network
Google Affiliate Network is a Cost-Per-Action advertising solution that enables you to discover new advertiser referral programs and earn more revenue.
Google Affiliate Network helps advertisers increase online conversions on a performance basis and enables publishers to monetize traffic with affiliate ads. Publishers can find retail brands and get access to offers and promotions. Publishers can track what’s working and optimize their programs and advertiser relationships. Google bills the advertisers for conversions, and publishers are paid through our reliable payment options.
7 steps to become an affiliate with Google
In order to promote any opportunities within the Google Affiliate Network on your website, you must complete three initial steps.
- First, you will have to go Google Affiliate for Publisher. You can sign up here: http://www.google.com/ads/affiliatenetwork/publisher/
- Before signing up, you should already have a Google AdSense account PUB ID and AdSense e-mail ID.
- Click the sign up link, and then click the “Yes, I have an AdSense Account” button.
- Then provide your AdSense e-mail and AdSense Publisher ID to complete your Google Affiliate Network profile. This will initiate the link between your AdSense and Google Affiliate Network accounts, and to confirm the AdSense account where Google Affiliate Network will post your earnings. Click the “Submit & continue” button.
- Next, submit information about your website or blog, contact information, promotional methods, and agree to the policies and Program Terms and Conditions.
- Google Affiliate Network team will then reply via email after 2-3 days on whether your application has been approved or denied. Most applications do get approved.
- You’ll then have access to all the Google Affiliate tools in your account. Sign in, click on then advertisers tab and select all available products. This is where you can search through and decide which product or company you want to be affiliated with and promote on your own website. Once you find a product or company, you can send them an application request. You’ll then be notified via email if the advertiser you selected has approved your application. If you are approved, the Google affiliate panel will create links for you to use on your website or blog.
How you are paid and how much you will earn
Publishers are paid via Google AdSense’s global payments system. Advertisers manage product feeds via their Google Merchant Center account, and they can access Google Ad Planner within their Google Affiliate Network account to evaluate whether a potential publisher affiliate is a good fit.
There is no way to estimate how much an affiliate will make within the Google Affiliate Network. Affiliates are paid by commission off the products they choose to sell, and commission rates are varied among the different advertisers.
In order to make a decent profit, you will have to be able to drive smart traffic to your blog or website. A Google affiliate or publisher earns more commissions by getting more transactions from his/her blog or website, such as a purchase or sign up. You must strictly follow the Google Affiliate Network quality standards and advertiser-specific terms.
Resources & Helpful Links
Recent news about becoming a Google affiliate
Google Affiliate Network announced in September 2011 that Google will be paying publishers (affiliates) up to 30 days more quickly. This will allow advertisers to gain new distribution opportunities by attracting more publishers that require fast payments. By October, payments will be on the same schedule for Google Affiliate Network and AdSense.
How to make an extra $500 a month as a Google affiliate
Earning cash online with the Google Affiliate program is all dependent on what products you choose to promote, the quality and relevance of your website, amount of traffic, etc. like in any other affiliate program.
But the smartest way to successfully make $500 a month in extra income is to develop a niche informational content website. Now of course $500 is not the minimum or maximum you can make with the Google Affiliate program.
The amount of money you make will be determined by your skill set and effort in your affiliate marketing strategies. However, a majority won’t do the work. This affiliate program was designed for a laser targeted audience with a specific interest. If your website has the capability of targeting an audience with a specific interest and also provides a product or service that they want or perhaps need, then the amount of income you can make through the Google Affiliate program is unlimited.
2 faster ways to profit
There are TWO other revenue models online which are FASTER to profit from – learn about them in Planning Your Profit Machine, Chapter 2 of the YaghiLabs Internet Business Academy.
Check it out here, and listen to Chapter 1 free: